◙ Contact us
◙ court local rules
◙ grand jury notice
Maps and Driving Directions
◙ on line payments
Circuit Court Clerk
926 E. Lamar Alexander Pkwy.
Maryville, TN 37804-6201
Circuit Court (865) 273-5400
General Sessions (865) 273-5450
General Sessions-Civil (865) 273-5430
Juvenile Court (865) 273-5935
Traffic Court (865) 273-5440
Collections Dept. (865) 273-5493
Orders of Protection (865) 273-5425
Monday through Friday
a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
(with the exception of holidays)
Holiday Schedule 2016
began his public service career in 1982 with the Blount County
Sheriff's Office where he was employed for 12 years. He worked
as a patrolman, a criminal investigator and as director of the
Fifth Judicial District Drug Task Force. He was elected Circuit
Court Clerk for Blount County, Tennessee in 1994. In 2000, he received
his Certified Public Administrator Degree from The University of
Tennessee. In 2004, he received his Associate's Degree in Criminal
Justice from Roane State Community College.
- Initiated a computer system that makes the office fully automated
and provides a computer in the office for public access.
- Court system available to law enforcement agencies, attorneys,
District Attorney General’s Office, and collection agencies.
- Placed clerks in all courtrooms to assist Judges, Attorney
General’s Office and defense attorneys.
- Created a cost collection department to collect court costs,
fines and restitution owed.
- Installed a pneumatic tube system that connects to the civil
process division and the master control area of the jail.
- Installed a video arraignment system to allow those arrested
to be arraigned without the judges or magistrates entering the secure area
of the jail.
- Created the Traffic Division of General Sessions Court which
has made a dramatic increase in fine revenues for Blount County.
- Web site for the public to learn more about the office and the Judicial System.
- We accept debit cards, American Express, Discover and
MasterCard payments in person, through BIS, a third
party administrator, with no cost to our office or Blount County.
Additionally, all major credit cards are accepted
via the Web. For your convenience, if you do not have
internet access, you may phone in your payment for processing
using a major credit card during normal office hours.
- No audit findings, weaknesses or recommendations for the
fiscal year end June 30, 2013.
- American Heart Association
- Blount County Boys Club
- Boy Scouts of America
- Chamber of Commerce
- Eagleton Little League
- F.O.P. Youth Camp
- Leadership Blount
- March of Dimes
- Maryville - Alcoa Civitan
- Sheriff’s Citizen Academy
- Special Olympics
- St. Jude Children’s Hospital
- TSSAA Football Official
- United Way of Blount County
Service and Awards
Outstanding State Court Clerk of the Year, 2005
- Tennessee Judicial Council (appointed), 2001 - Present
- Chairperson, State Court Clerk’s Legislative Committee,
2000 - Present
Outstanding State Court Clerk of the Year, 2002
- President, Tennessee State Court Clerks Association for, 2000-2001
- East Tennessee State Court Clerk of the Year, 2000
- President, East Tennessee State Court Clerks Association,
- Blount County Commissioner (elected), 1989-1994
|Return to Home